Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mush

My brain is mush.

I'd like to say that because I live in the developing world, volunteer for a living, work with amazingly intelligent people, and work for a much needed cause that staying focused is easier than it has been at other times in my life. But, in all honesty, a job is a job -- or more accurately in this case, vacation is vacation.

Next week 2 of my closest friends are coming down for a visit. I am currently translating a 50-page document, researching to write an article on the recent orphanage scandal in Les Cayes, updating a blog posting that I started 2 weeks ago, etc., etc. But really, all I have been able to think about for the past few weeks is lounging on a Dominican beach.

So, I apologize for having been a bit absent in blogging (as well as emailing -- woops!). And if anyone from my office ever happens upon this, I apologize for my less-than-ideal productivity.

L & J, get rest Friday night & on your flights Saturday. You happen to be coming the one weekend when I know what's going on in Port, so we have a full schedule as soon as you arrive!

Everyone else, wish me luck. This is the first time I'll have left Haiti since arriving.

-L

2 comments:

Dave said...

Don't expend all your ideas this weekend. Remember, we're just a couple weeks away from coming too.

angela said...

what happened at the orphanage? i heard about the one IBESR shut down about 6 months ago over a pregnant girl. tragic!

it's disgusting that anyone would hurt a child, an orphaned child, nonetheless.