Friday, September 5, 2008

Even My Eyes Are Crossed

This Tuesday morning, at 9:25am, I'm supposed to fly from Port-au-Prince to Miami, and then Miami to DC. What are the flight conditions supposed to be like? I know! Let's check out the weather channel.


And yet, somehow I still keep hoping that I'll be able to fly out.

Oh, but look, American Airlines has a travel policy for hurricane Ike:
Due to the impact of Ike, American Airlines offers customers the convenience to change their plans. Customers ticketed to travel on AA to, from, or through the areas listed may change flights at no additional charge: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands (PLS), Bahama

Great. Not only is that of no help to me, but it adds to the theory that American Airlines is prejudiced against Haiti.

Well, I guess this weekend I'll cross my fingers, toes, and eyes and hold my breath.

Here's hoping.

-L

2 comments:

Bex_78 said...

good news is that AA was going to let my grandmother change her Haiti ticket with no charge - so maybe they are just prejudiced enough to not put it in writing but not so prejudiced to do it. Maybe you and my grandma and I will all end up on the same flight out....next friday : ) (she is on the FLL flight Monday morning)

Peter said...

check out NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration - they have a new projection for Ike

-Andrea